« Home | Sex » | It's been days... » | Blessed be »

Iron Pentacle Reading

Here's the Iron Pentacle reading I did last week.



Card 1, at the top, is SEX... here we have the Queen of Cups, reversed.

Card 2, in the lower left-hand corner, is PRIDE... here we have the 10 of Disks (Wealth).

Card 3, the right arm of the pentacle, is SELF... here we have the 8 of Cups (Indolence), reversed.

Card 4, the left arm of the pentacle, is POWER... here we have the Ace of Swords.

Finally, Card 5, in the lower right-hand corner, is PASSION, and we have the 7 of Disks (Failure).

As you can see, I use the Thoth deck for my readings.

Although I laid out the whole IP, my focus for this reading was my Sex point. The Queen of Cups is emotional, intuitive, mysterious. In this card, you can hardly see her veiled face. For me, particularly since the card is reversed, this indicates that which is hidden. I hide things about my sex life. I see this card indicating my predilection for secret or illicit affairs, as well as "perverted" or socially unacceptable sexual practices. There may be things about my relationship to Sex that I hide from other people, or that I hide from myself. Sometimes this card indicates the involvment of another woman. That could indicate me, going outside some of my relationships for sex.

It could also indicate my mother's influence on my relationship to Sex... my mother was often "the other woman," with a strong sexual magnetism. I do see the Queen as drawing partners to her, magnetic but passive, pulling partners into her realm of mystery and dreams.

The Queen can be deceptive as well, particularly in reverse. My mother was this way around Sex, and I--reluctantly--see this in myself as well. I wonder if this could also indicate using Sex in a deceptive or manipulative way... using Sex to get what you want.

I think the Queen also indicates an emotional woman, and in this position, she may say something about the ways in which Sex is deeply connected to my emotions. For one thing, I've often used Sex (as has my mother) to feel better about myself.

Those are my thoughts thus far on this reading...

About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links