« Home | Cannot... resist... buying... yarn... » | Peter Jennings, 1938-2005 » | Open Letter to the Kansas School Board » | Good dog, Mavis. Good dog. » | Guardsman in Iraq Punished Over Blog Post » | Define Mainstream? » | A Lugh Myth for Lughnasad » | Garden update » | One Million Reasons » | So, what's a podcast, anyway? »

Clapotis!

Well, I chickened out on the Peacock Feathers shawl. Even though it's beautiful and I love it and I totally want to make it one of these days... I just got scared off by all that lace work. Someday, though....

Instead, I have chosen to embark on the increasingly famous and very lovely Clapotis from Knitty.com. I went shopping today for the yarn called for, Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb, but alas! Half a dozen yarn stores in this town, and not one--not one!--that carries this particular yarn. And with Clapotis sweeping the blogosphere, too. Tsk, tsk.

No matter... on we go! I picked up three skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd's Worsted. Very soft, and it's 100% superwash wool, so I can toss it in the washing machine, too. It won't have quite the silky drape that the Lion and Lamb would have; on the other hand, the Sheperd's Worsted was only half the cost of the L&L and I think it will still be perfectly lovely. I'm doing in in the Black Purl colorway.

About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links