« Home | Let the Clapotis begin... » | Delicious and beautiful » | Clapotis! » | Cannot... resist... buying... yarn... » | Peter Jennings, 1938-2005 » | Open Letter to the Kansas School Board » | Good dog, Mavis. Good dog. » | Guardsman in Iraq Punished Over Blog Post » | Define Mainstream? » | A Lugh Myth for Lughnasad »

Witches Weekly: Your Knowledge

Witches Weekly: Your Knowledge

Witches Weekly for the week of August 06, 2005

Do you keep a journal or some other archive to keep track of what you learn, rituals you attend, etc?

Sort of. Mainly, I write about all these things in my regular journal. Because the parts of my life are pieces of the whole, I keep ritual notes, class notes, budgets, personal writings, copies of personally important emails, to-do lists, and all such manner of things in my journal. My journal is the portrait of my whole life.

Would you ever want to share all the knowledge you've gained on your path? Or would you prefer to keep it personal, only to those close to you?

Some of it, I would like to share, but much of it I like to keep personal. Not that I'm trying to keep any of it from anyone, but just that if I run around telling everyone what I know, it seems so... cheap. So, I share my ideas and knowledge with those close to me, but would gladly teach what I know to others, if they were inclined to ask me.

How do you plan to pass down what you know to your children?

I tell my children what I know about different things as they come up, and as my children show interest.

My daughter (17) is an atheist, so a lot of what I do, I don't share with her, as she's not that interested. On the other hand, I don't hide anything from her. If I'm outside, greeting the sun, and she asks what I'm doing, I tell her. If something I know to be spiritually true for me is relevant to something she's going through, I do share it with her. Generally, this is along the lines of, "I know you're an athiest, but what I believe is..." or, "What works for me is..." or, "It may sound corny, but..."

My son (14) is more spiritually inclined, and I do try to share some of my knowledge more specifically with him, like talking to him about grounding when he is having a hard time in school and such.

Truthfully, I probably learn just as much from them as they do from me.

About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links