« Home | Open Debates » | Et tu, Brokaw? » | Republicans Admit Mailing Campaign Literature Sayi... » | Blogroll update » | Is it here yet, is it here yet?!? » | Religion and Politics » | Fall Gardening » | Blogroll problems continue.... » | Technical Crap: Blogroll Problems » | Creating ritual »

Witches Weekly: Dreams

Dreams

Witches Weekly for the week of September 25, 2004

Do you believe dreams are ever symbolic?

Of course! Dreams are not always fraught with meaning; however, dreams are one way for my Fetch to talk to me, uninhibited by Talker. It's also a way the ancestors or gods may speak to us, so I do feel it's important for Witches to nurture dreams and to pay attention to them.


How do you interpret dreams? Do you feel some are scenes from past lives? Future premonitons? Hidden thoughts and feelings?

I don't think I dream about past lives much, if at all. Not because I have no past lives, but because I don't really care that much about them. Jeez, I can barely figure out what's going on in this life!

I have had some dreams that were premonitions, but mainly they seem to be about my hidden thoughts and feelings, or about that which I need (or don't need) in my life. If my dream is confusing to me, I can work it over with my covenmates, investigate it using Tarot, or do trance about the dream.


What do you feel was your most symbolic/meaningful dream?

I don't know if it's my most meaningful dream ever, but a couple of years ago I was pretty crushed out on a co-worker, and we were flirting a bit, and it was really getting to me. One night I dreamed that my partner kept asking me to close a certain door in our home. When I woke up, it was very clear to me which "door" I needed to close in order to to protect my marriage!

Another one that stands out in my mind is a dream I had a few times when I was pregnant with my second child. It wasn't the exact same dream, but the theme was consistent. In my dreams, my first child (who was about 2 and a half years old at the time) was unsupervised and getting into dangerous situations. One I recall involved us both being on the construction site of a tall building. In my dream, she would be in danger, or hurt, but I was busy with something else (this, too, varied from dream to dream) and could not help her. The dreams were very alarming for me. It became clear to me that I was doubting my ability to care for two children. I was afraid that with the new baby, I would no longer be a good enough parent to my daughter.

About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links