« Home | Book Review: The Circle Within » | Witches Weekly: The Environment » | The Work » | Witches Weekly: Mentoring Youths » | Cranky witch » | YES! » | National Witches' Day of Prayer » | What God Herself might look like... » | Please, please, please... » | Vigil tonight for fallen soldiers »

Creating ritual

What work do I need to create a ritual for now?



It interests me immediately that there are a minor arcana, a court card and a major arcana here.

Card 1: 7 of Disks: Failure. In isolation, the work has suffered/suffocated. This card speaks to a loss of power, the flow of life energy being blocked. Fear of failure is here, too. As Saturn in Taurus, this card can also indicate physical restrictions or financial constraints. Can be overly routine or lack inspiration. I think this card refers to my issues around failure: my fear of failing, my fear of taking risks. These fears keep me bound, prevent me from acting in accordance with my Will. This is what I need to release in ritual.

Card 2: Queen of Wands. This card has come up a lot for me this year. The Queen is powerful, full of spirit and life force. She is unafraid to be herself, larger than life, fertile and strong. She has her hand on the leopard at her side, which to me, indicates that she is "in touch" with and "in control" of her animal side, her Fetch, her emotions and instincts. Maybe not so much in control of it... her just being in touch with her animal self and aware of its needs seems right to me in this case. I strive to claim my passion and power!

Card 3: The Star. To me, this card indicates Grace... a state of blessing, the gods looking out for us and clearing a part of the path. The right action at the right time.

So, the magic I need to do relates to moving from a Saturn-in-Taurus mindset, the 7 of Disks, to a Queen-of-Wands state of being. My gods will bless and assist me in this work.

I can do a cleansing and make kala to rid myself of fears. But how to claim my power, like the Queen of Wands? How to stand up and be bigger? One thing I can do is to work with Thorn's IP movements. Perhaps some kind of art project will manifest. What does power look like? What does my life look like if I grasp my power? Perhaps trance work is most appropriate. I could visit with the Queen of Wands and seek her advice. I could visit with my Beloved One and seek his advice. It occurs to me that my souls must be aligned for this work as well. I cannot get to my own real power if my souls are not in alignment.

About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links