« Home | YES! » | National Witches' Day of Prayer » | What God Herself might look like... » | Please, please, please... » | Vigil tonight for fallen soldiers » | Putting the "mental" back into Fundamentalism... » | Apocalypse Bush! » | Witches Weekly: Teachers and Training » | Politics, again » | Witches Weekly: Politics »

Cranky witch

I drew a Tarot card this morning, asking, "What is my Work for today?"

I got the 7 of Disks: Failure.


So I'm at work, and there's too much to do, but I'm focused and doing OK. I'm looking out for "failure" to concentrate at work, a common problem for me. Then at my lunch break, I couldn't decide what to do. Go to a cafe and read? Visit a friend? Nap in my car? I went to a cafe in town, had a latte, read and journaled. That was nice, although I'd kind of wasted some time deciding what to do and driving about. On the way back to the office, I stopped at a fast-food drive-through for a fish sandwich. I was waiting in line, and someone cut me off coming in the other driveway. It pissed me off! I got out and told her she'd cut me off, but she said, no, she was there first. She was not--I saw her drive up! Grrr. I gave up on waiting in line at that point, and drove back to work, following a "W '04" stickered car most of the way back. That makes me feel angry too.

Accept the angriness, the feeling of being cheated out of lunch because someone cut me off. Know that my goofing around also led to the missed meal. With more time, it wouldn't have mattered if someone cut me off in the queue. The failure of indecision. The failure of holding my temper, not letting my emotions get the best of me. I try to fully feel my anger, and then release it. Perhaps today's lesson is about dealing with lost opportunities.

About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links