« Home | Pagan Republicans still confuse me... » | Where Are The Good Christians? » | "Journalism is a terminally lame gig... » | Initiation Reading » | I'm back » | Until I said it was working... » | Hey... » | Denial and Anger » | Fuck! » | New WitchVox election poll! »

What running has taught me about Witchcraft

So far, here's what I've learned about Witchcraft from running.

Grounding is to Witchcraft as hydration is to running. It's a base, something you need to do to make sure you don't hurt yourself or knock yourself on your ass with your own activity. I drink water throughout the day to make sure my body stays hydrated. I ground throughout the day to make sure my energy stays centered and available to me.

Training is training. Some mornings, I don't feel like going out running. Sometimes I skip it, but more often, I just shove myself out the door. I always feel better about myself when I do it. I enjoy it, once I've got started. And I feel great afterward. It's the getting going that's tough. Same thing with my daily practice. Some mornings, I just don't feel like it. But if I go ahead anyway, it's always gratifying. Even when it's hard. Also, if I skip all my morning runs, I'll never get better at it, and I might hurt myself during an event. Likewise, if I skip my daily practice, I'll never get better at it, and would be completely unprepared for a what might happen in a big ritual.

Hmm, also, although you can buy books on both running and Witchcraft--and I do love books--you can't really get them from books. You have to run to know running, and you have to practice to know Witchcraft.

About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links