« Home | Another option for helping... » | Please help » | The Russians have noticed... » | Heartless » | Daily Kos: Category 4 Hurricane Determined to Stri... » | Open Letter to W. from Michael Moore » | More compassion from the Christian Coalition crowd... » | Xian Right wingnuts try their hand at scrying... » | All hail Caffeina! » | That bitch has my shoes! »

My letter to Ah-nold...

September 8, 2005

Dear Gov. Schwarzenegger:

You should be ashamed of yourself for considering vetoing the same-sex
marriage bill
passed by the California legislature.

This bill gives equal rights to a group that is often discriminated
against. I understand you are trying to show respect for "the will of the
people." But if the will of the people was to discriminate against
African-Americans, Jews, or some other group, would you want to respect
that wish?

When the majority wishes to discriminate against a minority group of our
population, that is the time to pass laws protecting them. I'm sorry to
hear you are considering protecting bigotry instead of equal rights. You
really should be ashamed of yourself.


Sincerely,

About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links