« Home | Blog templates » | Female Orgasm » | What running has taught me about Witchcraft » | Pagan Republicans still confuse me... » | Where Are The Good Christians? » | "Journalism is a terminally lame gig... » | Initiation Reading » | I'm back » | Until I said it was working... » | Hey... »

Christians following Jesus' example

I just read a really lovely excerpt from the Christian Alliance for Progress The Jacksonville Declaration.

We cannot imagine a Jesus who would say:

"You are strong and powerful; your ideals are noble. Make war to spread those ideals."
"The end is near - So it doesn't matter what you do to my Father's creation."
"Heal the sick - Provided they can pay."
"All are welcome at the table - As long as they are the same as we are."
"Follow me - And help me form a government to force others to follow."

Do you believe such statements truly reflect Christian or American values? Do these views follow what Jesus taught? Do you think it is genuinely American to steer our country toward a Christian theocracy? Is it Christian to foster intolerance? Is this the path to which Jesus leads us?

We say "No". Instead, we say "Yes" to values Jesus plainly and passionately practiced. Listen to his words:

"I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another. This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."
-- John 13:34-35


For the entire Declaration, please click on Jacksonville Declaration.

Welcome!

Your blog has been submitted to and accepted by Occultblogs.com

To see your listing visit the following link -

http://www.occultblogs.com/witchcraft.htm

Since you are now a part of our website you may add our special logo to your site. Please contact us at submission@occultblogs.com and we will mail you the code.

If you feel your blog is listed in the wrong section of our site, you'd like to add/change your site's description, or if you would like to recommend another blog, please reply to this e-mail.

Once again, welcome to Occultblogs.com

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links