« Home | Earth Day Footprint Quiz » | Casanova update... » | A few knitted items... » | 10 reasons why gay marriage should be illegal » | Stuff on Louis » | Happy Birthday, Son! » | This ought to work on kids, too... » | Hold that phone, mister! » | Casanova, you're a fine dog » | Scientists OK Gore's Movie for Accuracy »

StopIE

StopIE: Help stop Internet Explorer, the world's most popular and worst internet browser

Internet Explorer's Main Problems

There are countless bugs in Internet Explorer, but here are the main reasons to choose a free alternative.

  • Prone to viruses and worms

  • Renders pages incorrectly. Web designers then need to spend extra time working so that pages work in Internet Explorer. This puts costs up, and slows the web down.

  • Doesn't let people resize certain text sizes. This means those with poor sight cannot read small text on many sites.

  • Far slower program than other web browsers

  • Far larger program than other web browsers

  • Isn't as user-centric as other web browsers. It lacks many handy features such as tabbed browsing and integrated search

  • Doesn't support PNG images properly



Me? I recommend Firefox. I love the tab feature and the addons. In fact, I found this StopIE site by using a Firefox addon called Stumble Upon. While we're talking about how awesome Mozilla is, I'd also like to mention that my favorite email client of all time is Thunderbird, which, like Firefox, is completely free.

About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links