« Home | My Blue God Altar » | Three Cauldrons: A threefold view of reality and b... » | Hiding Places » | My Free Will Horoscope for July 15-22 » | Daily Practice » | Iron Pentacle Reading » | Sex » | It's been days... » | Blessed be »

Witches Weekly: Let's Talk About Sex

OK, only the first question's really about sex.

Rituals and Rites
Witches Weekly for the week of July 17, 2004

Have you ever performed sex magic? If not, how do you feel about sex magic?

My first husband and I tried sex magic once or twice, but we really didn't know very much, and weren't terribly effective. Truth be told, I can't even recall what we were trying to accomplish.

These days, sex magic for me involves using the energy I raise during masturbation to align my Triple Soul, charge my tools, or as an offering to my gods.

I'm working now on some magic to help revitalize my sex life with my partner. My partner has been battling several serious health issues over the past few years, and our sexual connection has suffered. So I sometimes use my sex energy or my orgasm energy to feed the sexual relationship between my partner and I.

Sex is a great way to raise energy, and I believe it provides an opportunity to connect with God Herself, so I think sex magic is a perfectly natural form of Witchcraft.

Have you ever used blood in a rite or ritual? If not, how do you feel about using blood in a rite or ritual?

Years ago I was doing a ritual, and I pricked my own finger for blood. It was then that I heard the Goddess more clearly than ever before... She let me know in no uncertain terms that it was never necessary to spill blood for Her.

These days, I often make devotional offerings of my monthly blood. Even easier since I started using the Keeper (see also the Diva cup) during my cycle. Blood is crucial to life... it reeks of us, of life itself. There is little that I can offer that is quite so... me.

What would you consider to be your most unusual rite or ritual?

I can't really think of anything that is that unusual. What precisely does unusual mean in Witchcraft, after all? Isn't it all a little unusual? :-)

About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links