« Home | Going to the Chapel... » | Christians following Jesus' example » | Blog templates » | Female Orgasm » | What running has taught me about Witchcraft » | Pagan Republicans still confuse me... » | Where Are The Good Christians? » | "Journalism is a terminally lame gig... » | Initiation Reading » | I'm back »

O'Connor retires

Sandra Day O'Connor, the first woman ever appointed to the Supreme Court, has announced her retirement. I fully expect Bush's appointment to be a mess. Get ready for a fight.

In the meantime, here are a few things The Interfaith Alliance thinks we should be asking about a nominee.

Does he or she:

· Acknowledge and abide by the constitutional provisions of the Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause that guarantee religious liberty and protect the rich religious pluralism that characterizes this nation;
· Demonstrate a commitment to vigorously defend the Constitution, even if a conflict arises between the dictates of their religious views;
· Abstain from points of view that would prove harmful to all religions in the nation;
· Refrain from using his/her position to establish or favor a particular religion or religious doctrine?

About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links