« Home | Blog problem » | De-motivated » | Voila! » | Wobbly, side two » | To spin, perchance to dream » | Too Good for Marriage » | Super Cool: Pandora Internet Radio » | StopIE » | Earth Day Footprint Quiz » | Casanova update... »

Friday's Feast

Friday's Feast: a meme


Appetizer

Fill in the blanks: I fidget when I try to sit still.

Soup
Name something you use to make your home smell good.

Incense... except my husband hates it. He's not being a jerk, he just has a lot of environmental sensitivities and breathing problems, so I really can only use it in certain areas of the house, and especially if he's not home and not going to be home for a few hours. Scented candles are RIGHT OUT! He can't even stand them to be on the same floor as he is. A lot of them are too strong. Anyway, the thing I can use and that I do like is Trader Joe's air freshener. It's a sage and lemongrass scent... very nice, and good for when the dog farts!

Salad
If you could receive a coupon in the mail for 50% off any product, what would you want it to be for?

Yarn. Good yarn. Or books. Wait, can the coupon be for yarn and books?

Main Course
Besides sleeping, what do you spend the majority of the hours of your typical day doing?

Working. Isn't that just a terrible answer? I can't help it, I'm American. We work our asses off. Or we're supposed to.

In truth, my workday is probably evenly split between goofing off and actually working. I'm trying to improve that ratio (in favor of work, that is; see Demotivated post below.) I spend a great deal of time on the web... surfing and working and reading and researching. Yeah, I love to research stuff.

At home, I spend most of my hours semi-watching TV. I'm not really that big a TV fan, but Hubby is handicapped and can't really do that much in the evening. So he sits and watches TV and movies. So there are some shows that I actually care about watching, some shows that I watch with Hubby, and a lot of shows I sit through so that I can just be with Hubby. In the latter category, I do a lot of getting up to do other things during the show: let the dogs out to pee, check email, have a smoke, grab a basket of laundry, help the son with his homework, etc. And of course, when I'm sitting watching TV, a lot of times I'm really knitting and sometimes looking at the TV.

Dessert
What can you hear right now while answering these questions?

I heard one of my co-workers talking about a movie he saw last night at our local film center. Now I hear nothing but the click-clack of my own keyboard and an occasional squeak from my boss's chair. It's a pretty quiet day here at the office. And thank god, Friday is almost over.

About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links