« Home | Lughnasad » | On Tithing » | Witches Weekly: Let's Talk About Sex » | My Blue God Altar » | Three Cauldrons: A threefold view of reality and b... » | Hiding Places » | My Free Will Horoscope for July 15-22 » | Daily Practice » | Iron Pentacle Reading » | Sex »

Blessing



This is the book I'm reading at the moment. It comes at a perfect time, because I just found out late last week that a friend is dying. I want to bless him each time I see him.

It became clear to me many years ago that humans are capable of blessing. We don't have to just wish the gods' blessings onto someone (as in "God bless you!), although I certainly do that as well. But we can also bestow our own blessings.

I haven't reached anything earth-shatteringly new in this book yet, but it is beautifully written. There are some exercises later in the book which I may bring to my coven at some point. If any are really good, I may post one here as a kind of sample.

One of the really lovely things I've gotten from this book is that the author (David Spangler) discusses what he calls the "empersonal" spirit, that is, the spirit that resides within the individual, and the "transpersonal" spirit, the spirit that is beyond the individual. He writes:

The empersonal spirit is the presence of wholeness within ourselves, and we may have to go beyond our surface images of who we are in order to find it.... The transpersonal spirit is the presence of wholeness we experience in relationship with the world beyond ourselves, whether the physical world of nature or the non-physical world of spirit.... [T]hese two spirits of wholeness and power are mirrors of each other, complements of each other, twins.


Ah, twins. Divine twins. The Divine Twins. Within and without, these are the Divine Twins we ourselves embody. I love how the mysteries of Feri reveal themselves everywhere.

About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links