« Home | Witches Weekly: Sound » | In love, may he return again » | Lucky Day! » | Dying » | What is Sacred to You? » | Blessing » | Lughnasad » | On Tithing » | Witches Weekly: Let's Talk About Sex » | My Blue God Altar »

Devotion

de·vo·tion
n.
  1. Ardent, often selfless affection and dedication, as to a person or principle. See Synonyms at love.
  2. Religious ardor or zeal; piety.
    1. An act of religious observance or prayer, especially when private. Often used in the plural.
    2. devotions Prayers or religious texts: a book of devotions.
  3. The act of devoting or the state of being devoted.
What does it mean--as a Witch--to be devoted?

I recently went through an extended training, culminating with a dedication ritual. In this ritual, I promised Malik Taus my devotion. Since this ritual, I have found it somewhat... easier? more compelling? to sit each day, to offer earth (flowers), air (incense), fire, and fresh water to Him, to pray openly, admitting that I don't really know how to pray, admitting that I don't really know what to do, admitting that I really need help. I need the gods' help as I seek to know myself. I need the gods' help as I try to be honest with myself, as I try to see the truth about myself and the world around me. Part of me wants to be mercilessly truthful with myself, and part of me wants to run and hide from the pain of these truths. I pray for Him to reveal Himself to me, and also to reveal mySelf to me.

One of the ways I've gotten to know gods in the past has been through research. I am challenged then, by worshipping Malik Taus, the Peacock Angel and lord of the world. There is comparatively little information available about Him, and I am left to rely on my wits, my intuitions, my dreams.


About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links