« Home | Why Columbus Day Completely Sucks » | Witches Weekly Redux: Pagan Community » | Saga of the Worms, Part One » | Worms! » | Five Questions for the Candidates » | Now what? » | Using Our Booby Powers for Good » | Witches Weekly: Dreams » | Open Debates » | Et tu, Brokaw? »

Witches Weekly: Influences

Influence

Witches Weekly for the week of October 09, 2004

Which book has influenced your path the most and why? What person has influenced your path the most and why?

I'll answer these two together. Since I just got back from the bookstore, where I bought Thorn Coyle's book, Evolutionary Witchcraft, so for now, I'll say that this is the book and the person that's influenced my path the most. At least that's true for now.

The book's only just come out, but I went through a two-year training (which was the basis for this book) with Thorn. Of course, I've been influenced by other books, particularly Starhawk's books, and Scott Cunningham, back in the day. And in recent years, I've been influenced by Feri writings such as Witch Eye, but working with Thorn has really changed my perspectives on Witchcraft and its meaning and purpose. She has a lot to do with my belief that a Witch must be a Witch in the world, not just in circle and on the astral and so forth. Those things are a part of Witchcraft, but for me, the real work is about connecting with our own divinity, manifesting our whole and sacred selves in the world. Of course, as a triple Taurus, I'm already inclined to a practical, earthly view of things, but Thorn really helped me to flesh some of this out. I cannot recommend her book highly enough for those who are really serious about the Craft.

I have more about my influences here.

Why are you pagan?

Because this is the path that called out to my Soul.

About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links