« Home | The Beast from the Depths of Chaos » | Witches Weekly: Influences » | Why Columbus Day Completely Sucks » | Witches Weekly Redux: Pagan Community » | Saga of the Worms, Part One » | Worms! » | Five Questions for the Candidates » | Now what? » | Using Our Booby Powers for Good » | Witches Weekly: Dreams »

Worms, Take 2


New worms arrived yesterday. They were alive and well and happy, and are now in their cozy comfy worm bin. The only complication is that I think the Earth Machine I am intending to use might be too vulnerable to a) dog piss; b) water collecting underneath; and c) freezing this winter. I'll go out at lunch and look at big plastic tubs that can be elevated to allow drainage. A tub can be moved inside if it gets too cold. We have reasonably mild winters here, but we did get a couple of nasty snow and ice storms last year that are making me feel nervous about my wormies overwintering OK. All you can really see in this photo is the worm bedding, which is as it should be. Healthy worms prefer the bottom of their container, and wriggle away from the top as soon as it's opened.

About me

  • I'm Jean
  • From
My profile


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Links